First blog post...EVER, so please, bear with me.
I figured I would start off the Be SomeBODY Fitness & Nutrition blog by telling you what you can expect out of this blog & also telling you a little bit about me and why I created BSF&N.
What you can expect from my blog:
- Weekly posts (maybe bi-weekly, but I'm not going to make a promise that I can't keep - so that's a MAYBE.)
- Topics ranging from health, fitness, nutrition, lifestyle, my life, etc.
- I want this to be a place you can come to escape and look for motivation, a place you can connect and get to know me and what my philosophy is as a coach, and most importantly, a place where you can learn something!
A little about Me
Hi again, it's me, Michele. I'd like to tell you a little bit about me! (Emphasis on "a little" because I have quite the story...but I'll save that for another post!)
Soooo...here we go!
1) I'm 22 years old
2) I majored in Exercise Science at The University of Vermont.
3) I am a Certified Nutrition Coach and a CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
4) I'm an avid CrossFitter & also love bodybuilding.
*allll the CrossFit talk, I know, but I want to clarify that my fitness programs are NOT CrossFit. They are customized to fit your lifestyle & goals, so please, don't fret and think I'm going to program CrossFit workouts for you.
5) I am about 90% vegetarian. I will eat fish/meat on special occasions, but it is very rare. (I don't force this lifestyle EVER on my clients. It is my personal preference for ethical & health reasons and I may post about it in a later blog.)
6) I'm a HUGE animal lover. Literally. Every. Animal.
7) I love to write. I've been journaling since I was 14 years old.
8) I'm a crazy, Disney buff. Quiz me! Go ahead, quiz me!
9) I am....TAKEN...by an amazing guy, we're currently doing moving in together in a few months. You'll learn about him in future blogs, I'm sure.
10) I grew up a dancer & a gymnast. Dance will always be my first love. Growing up dancing has given me such a respect for the power of human movement as a form of expression, which I still carry over these days in fitness.
I feel like I can't shoot off all those facts about my present, without giving y'all a little glimpse of where I came from and how my past is what formed BSF&N.
I was raised in a small town in Vermont and by two loving, hardworking and motivating parents. I cherish the close bond that I have with my Mom and Dad, they're truly my friends, on top of being my parents...obviously. They always instilled in me that I can do whatever I set my mind to. From the time I was 12, my Dad always told me that I was "born to be somebody" and over time that fueled me to work hard in all areas of my life. Eventually, this became my mantra and now it has morphed into the meaning behind the name "Be SomeBODY Fit." It's my goal to help others become the best "somebody" that they can be in terms of their health.
I have always been a huge nerd & love love love to learn. "You learn something new everyday" is one of my favorite phrases. That being said, I believe in the power of education and I strive so hard to educate all of my clients on the WHY of nutrition and fitness. WHY it's important to eat healthy and be active - besides looking physically fit. It's my goal to help my clients get to the point where they are confident to continue their fitness journey on their own, without me someday.
That's probably enough for now, but before I say goodbye for now, I just want to say that I can't promise this blog will be perfect, but I can promise it will be personal, fun, fact/evidence - driven and I look forward to watching it grow!
Until next time,