Featured Posts
Posts are coming soon
Stay tuned...
Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

Greek Mythology 80:20


I’ve loved Greek Mythology from the time I was old enough to dig through my Nanny’s books —

I always said if I could choose, I’d want to be a combination of Aphrodite and Athena.

Athena being the goddess of:

Wisdom

Courage

Inspiration

Strength

Strategy

& Skill

& Aphrodite the goddess of:

Love

Beauty

Pleasure

& Passion

While these mythological beings break down to nothing but stories, their characteristics are solid as stone.

And while my childhood imagination'S DREAM of becoming a combo of both is impossible — still to this day, I resonate with the desire to align with all of these characteristics.

Some of them seem contradictory, or as if they’d get in the way of the others — but that’s the beauty of it.

For a long time, I lived in extremes, thinking things had to be ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.

I couldn’t be muscular & “beautiful.”

I couldn’t be an introvert & an extrovert.

I couldn’t be mentally strong & vulnerable.

I couldn’t be satisfied with where I was at & also want more for myself.

I now realize how many years I spent conflicted between wanting “X” but also wanting “Y” and thinking I couldn’t have them both together.

There’s no reason to live in extremes and that’s something I bring to light with all of my clients with the concept of the 80:20 rule.

The 80:20 rule dictates that 80% of the time you should focus on things that support your happiest, healthiest self, while the other 20% should be used to live your life & keep you sane. THIS APPLIES TO FOOD, FITNESS, WORK, RELATIONSHIPS - REALLY, YOUR LIFESTYLE OVERALL!

The 80:20 rule is tried & TRUE and the best part is THAT you can implement it SLOWLY, which makes it more likely to be sustainable!

You got it — that means you can have your Athena and be Aphrodite, too.

HOW CAN YOU PRACTICE THE 80:20 RULE IN YOUR LIFE, TODAY?

TALK SOON,

M